Monday, October 10, 2011

Moolangi Ambado (Radish Fritters)

Moolangi  is nothing but radish. As soon as I hear the word 'Radish', the expression on my face changes all of a sudden. I just don't like the smell of it! So I am always hesitant to buy this pretty white vegetable. I never allowed my amma to get this vegetable. Last time when we went to buy vegetables, the radishes were staring at me! As usual I just neglected them. But my husband forced me to buy, as he liked it (I had postponed of buying this vegetable several times! So this time I didn't want to tell 'NO'). So we just bought a single big radish. I called my amma (MIL) to ask for a recipe, as she uses it regularly. She suggested me to make this podi (this is my FIL's favorite).


Two weeks passed by and the radish was lying unused in the fridge. Now it started showing some signs of going bad. So I had no choice than making these fritters. With much reluctance I grated it (the smell was horrible). I had decided that I won't eat it. Finally I was done making it. Without the notice of my husband I ate a small piece. To my surprise it tasted like a cauliflower fritter. I just loved it! I loved it so much that I made it again the next day. So all radish haters/lovers should try making these. They are so simple (to make) and tasty.


Ingredients:
  • Grated Radish- 1 1/2 cups
  • Rice flour- 1/2 cup
  • Red chilli powder- To taste
  • Salt- To taste
  • Oil- For deep frying
Procedure:

Grate the radish.




Now add all the remaining ingredients and mix well (dont add water. Radish has enough moisture).




Now make small balls of the mixture and flatten them slightly.




Deep fry these flattened balls on a medium high flame until it turns a slight dark brown on both sides. Drain them on a paper towel, to remove excess oil. Moolangi Ambado is ready!!




Serve them hot as a side dish for the lunch or as an appetizer. Above measurement serves 2-3 people.

No comments :

Post a Comment