Friday, August 31, 2012

Rava Uthappa

Rava Uthappa is an instant and healthy breakfast. I got this recipe from a FB group. I always prepare Uthappa where the dosa batter needs fermentation. Never knew that there exists an instant version. I was so eager that I made it on the next day itself. It turned out very good and this made me happy that I got one more dosa recipe to share with you all.
The best thing about this dosa is- its healthy because sooji and curd is used in the batter and lots of veggies as toppings. This will be of great help to the working women and bachelors . The dosa is very colorful..hence might attract the kids as well. So what more reasons do you need to try this? :-) Make it soon and enjoy!!


Ingredients:
  • Sooji/ Semolina- 2 cups
  • Yogurt/ Curd- 1 cup
  • Baking Soda- 1/2 tsp
  • Salt- To taste
  • Water- As required
For Topping: I used onion, green bell pepper (capsicum), Cilantro (coriander leaves) and tomato.
The original recipe told to add red chilli powder, salt and cumin seeds to the chopped veggies.
You can also include other veggies of your choice.



Procedure:

Take a mixing bowl and add the ingredients- semolina, yogurt, baking soda and salt. Give a good mix and then add water as required till you get a thick batter (of dropping consistency, just like idli batter). I added nearly 1 1/2 cups of water (the amount of water required depends on the thickness of yogurt. The one I used was very thick. Hence I ended using more water). Once everything is mixed, let it rest for 15- 20 minutes.



When the batter is resting, chop the veggies finely and then transfer them into a bowl and give a good mix.



Now pour a ladel full of batter on the heated dosa pan and spread it (Don't spread the batter too much) Sprinkle the chopped veggies of your choice on the batter (you can as well skip the veggies and make plain, soft dosa). Close it with a lid, until it is fully cooked, on the surface.




Then turn it to fry the other side as well. Then transfer it to a plate.



Rava Uthappa is ready!!



Serve it hot, along with coconut chutney. I served it with Udida Chutney. Above measurement serves 3-4 people.

No comments :

Post a Comment